In Partnership with Residence Life
Apply for the 2017- 2018 RHAC Executive Board!
All executive board positions are available for the 2017- 2018 academic year. Each eligible applicant will prepare a presentation to present to hall council representatives on Election Night.
Run for the following positions:
- Director of Operations(1)
- National Communications Coordinator(1)
- Director of Finance(1)
- Director of Programming(3)
A position on the executive board is 10+ Hours a week commitment (2 Hr Tuesdays, 2 Hr. Office Hours, 1 Hr. Advisor Appointment, and more).
Descriptions of the Executive Board Positions can be accessed by clicking on the link to a document on the upper right-hand side of this page.
- Members elected into RHAC office will receive a 50% discount off on-campus room & board, the president of the organization will receive a 75% discount off on-campus room & board
- Rising second-years must go through the regular room selection process sent by Housing
- Rising third/fourth-years must complete the room selection process sent by Housing. If the candidate is elected into a position and accepts, Housing will be notified to save a spot for that individual
- If an elected member resigns or is removed at any time from their position with RHAC, their housing contract may be cancelled and the 50% discount off on-campus room & board will be revoked
Elgibility for Office:
- Must be able to attend Election Night on Tuesday, February 28th from 7PM- 9PM
- Must currently be an on-campus student and plan to live on-campus the next academic year
- Must maintain a semester & cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher throughout term
- Must be in good academic and behavioral standing with The Ohio State University
- Must be able to attend RHAC's national summer conference of NACURH (National Association of College & University Residence Halls) on May 26th- May 29th at Purdue University*
- Must be available to arrive to Ohio State around 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the Fall semester to work on RHAC-related projects, assist in the Move-In process, and deliver carpets to on-campus students
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 at 7PM: Application opens
Apply Here: 2017-2018 RHAC Executive Board Application
Wednesday, February 15th at 11:59PM: Application closes
Sunday, February 26th at 11:59PM: Presentations for Election Night are due
If a candidate is eligible to run, they will be asked to make a powerpoint presentation of a maximum of 5 slides
Slides should include the flollowing:
- Intro Slide: First Name Last Name/ position(s) one is running for/ slogan (not required)
- About Me slide: Details about yourself
- Experience slide: Your experience that makes you the ideal executive board member
- Your Vision for RHAC slide: what ideas you want to implement to benefit RHAC and all on-campus students
It is encouraged, but not necessary, to have a theme that helps showcase your personality for the slides used to present on Election Night
An example of the Election Presentation slideshow can be accessed by clicking on the link to a powerpoint on the upper right-hand side of this page.
Tuesday, February 28th from 7-9PM: Election Night
Candidate will present a 3 minute presentation followed by a 1 minute Q&A by the audience
Presentation times will be assigned randomly**
*All expenses, other than personal expenses, will be covered by RHAC
**If a major scheduling conflict occurs, you may request a certain presentation time
Note: If you are a senator from a hall council and plan to run for an executive board position, you must appoint a proxy from your hall council to vote on your behalf.
All hall councils will receive 1 vote for each position, regardless of the number of representatives from the hall.
Feel free to contact us with any questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org