In Partnership with Residence Life
The mission of the Residence Halls Advisory Council is to serve The Ohio State University undergraduate residence hall student population. This goal will be achieved through:
- Advocating the interest of all undergraduate residence hall governments and associations equally.
- Creating and supporting campus-wide residence hall activities that are supported by one of the five RHAC pillars:
- Creating and Developing Community
- Student Advocacy
- Student Development and Wellness
- Recognition and Leadership
- Encouraging student involvement in improving undergraduate residence hall facilities and programs.
- Facilitation of communication between student leaders, University Residence and Dining Services (URDS) and Physical Facilities and Development through the review of policies, procedures, and practices as requested by staff or residence hall students. In addition, the Residence Halls Advisory Council will provide liaisons to the administrative areas of URDS and other campus organizations.
- Serving as the coordinating body for undergraduate residence halls governments and student associations, thereby encouraging communication among the membership.
- Representing undergraduate residence hall students on University-wide committees and student groups.
- Serving as an advocacy body as well as an information and funding partner to other residence hall student organizations.