In Partnership with Residence Life
MUNDO was founded in 1997 by Shawn Baratz, Kathlene Mullens, Jamie Lodermeier (Fay), and Julius Mayo.
- The first MUNDO experience was to NYC in 1997 to view and discuss the dramatic musical RENT as part of a quarter-long study of AIDS/HIV prevention as well as resources for those living with the illness.
- After various domestic experiences, the first international MUNDO experience was to Toronto, Canada in 1999 to learn more about hunger and homelessness in other areas of North America.
- Beginning in 2003, MUNDO began traveling to London, England (and other European cities) as part of semester-long course and international service-learning experience designed to take a closer look at the roles and responsibilities of global citizenship.
- Also in 2003, The Collaboration Experience (TCE) was created as a way for participants in MUNDO, The College of Arts and Sciences, and the Afrikan American Learning Community to work together to create unique academic and social learning experiences.
- In addition to the A Meal and Some MUNDO (local tours), and the New York and London Experiences, the Puerto Rico experience (begun in 2012) has become one of the most popular MUNDO learning opportunities.
- MUNDO has received several awards and distinctions including an Outstanding Student Organization Award and an Ohio State University Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Award.
Flashback: MUNDO Puerto Rico Experience 2012